We believe in the “onion approach” where layers of security are added to your premises making it increasingly difficult for criminals to access the site. Our aim is to set up barriers so that criminals move on to the next site, and if it is a TG site, then they will have to move on yet again.
leading with vision
As a leading provider of innovative security solutions to high-risk, client-focused environments, we are enhancing total value through service excellence and leading-edge products that improve client benefit and final client experience.
Electric fencing is highly effective in both detecting an intruder and deterring him/her from entering your premises. The quality of your installation is directly related to the effectiveness of your fence. Wherever possible, electric fences should be wired in series with alternating live and neutral strands with gaps of no more that 100mm, the final height of your fence should exceed “crouch height” to prevent stepping over.
TRS/TG has secured many complexes and road closures using a combination of products including freestanding electric fencing, wall top electric fencing and palisade fencing.
Full free standing electric fencing starting at 20-strands and 2 meters high but recommended to be 2.4 meters high with 24-strands. Once you have installed your electric fence the greatest risk of a perimeter breach, even though this chance is very small, is the possibility of a person digging under your full fence or smashing through your pre-cast wall.
The risk needs to be assessed and the following can be done to reduce or eliminate this possibility. The bottom strand should always be live!
- To lay a full concrete foundation below the fence (300mm x 300mm wide and deep).
- To install anti-lift hooks (figure of 8) – this will ensure that entry can only be gained by digging a full hole not just lifting the bottom strands. Attached to the wall or knocked into the ground.
- Floating Anti-lift Rings – Have also become very popular due to break-ins where wires have been separated. At least 4 Anti-lift Rings between brackets on full freestanding fences. At least 2 Anti-lift Rings between brackets on wall top fencing. All to be used in conjunction with the figure of 8 Anti-lift Rings.
- A live anti-dig (offset bracket) strand +/- 50mm off the ground and +/- 200mm in front of your freestanding fence.
- Pre-cast walls should have 24-strand Piggy Back fencing from the top to bottom wherever there is open land, veld, golf courses or a river behind as this has proven to be the most likely form of entry if only wall top electric fencing is installed.
- Support posts should be 3 meters apart.
Cameras have built in analytics that allows you to set up “trip zones”. These zones alert the security officer and control center of any motion within this area. Footage is analyzed to assess the necessary action required. This pro-active approach ensures that you do not have criminals hiding in premises or ambushing the security personnel.
It is very important to ensure that the correct cameras are used for the required application and result. Cheap cameras and poor installations will cost you more in the long run. We only make use of high quality equipment and trusted suppliers who can also maintain these systems.
Get a free no obligation security assessment for your premises today.
Who is on my site?
It is very important having a complete audit trail of who has entered and exited your site. This may be the difference between life and death during an emergency situation for occupational health and safety standards. There are various options available:
- Biometric systems
- Remote controls
- Tap tap systems
- Vehicle license scanners
- Tear off slips
- Gate automation
Intercoms are often used to ensure that the visitor can talk to the security officer without the officer having to leave the guard house. This is very important for the safety of the officer and the visitor. The officer can then assess the situation and follow the correct procedures. Having an intercom installed on site may also aid the flow of traffic as visitors do not take up the visitors lane for those who have a pre clearance code. We assist with the design of entrance and egress gates to ensure safety of all and the flow of traffic.
Tap tap systems
Tap Tap allows you to request an entry and exit pin for your visitor by simply sending a SMS with the wording TAP and the number of visitors (eg. TAP 4) to your MKII-S Intercom System. The system will then send you the pin for your visitors via SMS.
This 5 digit pin can then be forwarded to your visitors for instant access.
For security purposes the pin is only valid until midnight that day.
Vehicle license scanners are not only used to scan the driver’s license or license discs of a vehicle, but can also be set up for specific prompts e.g.:
- How many occupants are in the vehicle
- Declare any valuables e.g. laptop, tv screen etc.
- Colour and make of vehicle
- Is this a delivery
- Firearm declaration
New android devices can also take photos of before and after – this would be used for deliveries. A delivery truck should never leave with items he did not bring in.
You can also decide if you will allow vehicle and drivers into the your premises who’s driver’s license or vehicle license disc has expired. This is of utmost importance on public roads for accident liability.
Vehicle license scanners
Tear off slips
(Commercial and industrial only)
These tear off slips are very important to ensure that you do not have criminals scouting out your building or business. A stamp is required by each company as officers are not familiar with everyone’s signatures and these can easily be fraudulent.
Tear off slips alone cannot be taken as a security measure. Pre clearance is required and the visitor should be escorted into and out of the building. This allows for a very easy system, no signed slip no exit.
South Africa has one of the highest hijacking rankings in the world, with this in mind absolutely no one should make use of a manual gate system as this leaves that individual extremely vulnerable as well as the person sitting in the vehicle waiting.
Getting the correct gate motor is just as important to ensure no downtime and as to create a safe zone as most hijackings happen in driveways.
Yes, hassle free gate automation is now a reality. Speak to us if you want to remove the frustration of gate automation and make use of a smooth running automated gate.
- All concrete tracks should be laid using a 5mm thick angle iron with 16mm round bar on top to ensure minimal friction. This track must be level.
- All cabling must be laid in conduit. No underground joins can be tolerated.
- All wheels must be manufactured from bright steel Teflon.
- Safety support posts must be used to prevent the gate from falling over and causing injuries.
- Sturdy end stops must be used front and back.
- Dove Tail Brackets to capture gate in the closed position.
- Anti-Lift Brackets. To prevent a criminal from lifting and removing your gate to gain entry.
- Gate Motors must be secure in a steel cage lock to ensure that tampering does not occur. These are known as anti-theft brackets.
- Auto-close facility
- Advanced lightning protection
- 12 volt battery back-up
- High speed operation
- SABS built in lightning protection
- Infrared safety beams – to prevent a closing gate from damaging your vehicle
- Courtesy gate lights – Controlled by a day/night sensor, manual switch or a timer switch
- Remote controls – long range, from 1 to 6 buttons; operating on 403 MHZ or 433 MHZ. with code hopping for high security
- LED gate status indicators
- Pedestrian key switches
- Anti-theft brackets – essential
- Underground loop detector. Used for Booms & Gate Motors – can be safety devices on opening / closing triggers.
- All gate motors can be connected to your intercom system.
We have sourced trusted partners that supply and install a range of boom gates that can adapt to your unique width, opening speed and functionality requirements. Whether you want a basic low-cycle or fully programmable and advanced variable speed barrier, we’ve got your covered.
AUTOMATIC VEHICLE BARRIER
The barrier would be installed at an entrance/exit used by vehicles. It has the ability to handle a high flow of traffic.
MANUAL VEHICLE BARRIER
The Manual Vehicle Barrier is perfect for environments which require some security control. This boom is operated manually at a guarded vehicle entrance or exit.
SPIKE BARRIER SURFACE MOUNT
A Spike Barrier would be installed at a higher security entrance or exit used by vehicles in conjunction with the automatic vehicle barrier. It is renowned for the ability of handling a high flow of traffic, and having optimum control of vehicle access.
The housing is manufactured from mild steel or stainless steel and epoxy powder coated. The mechanism is situated inside the barrier housing, which is easily accessed through the lockable door and the screw-off lid. The spikes cast in tray is manufactured from mild steel, hot dip galvanised and needs to be set into a concrete base. The spikes can be made of mild steel or have a stainless steel brushed finish. The mechanisms of the barrier pole and the spikes are interlinked and will open and close simultaneously. This barrier protects traffic in both.
Get a free no obligation security assessment for your premises today.